Here is how to identify a GDD guy
- This person does not believe in writing anything on his own, copy/paste from blogs, articles, source code is a way of life. And since I have not written it I don't care how it works as long as I see something working. His best friends are Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V and Google.
- Cannot write 5 lines of code or code for 5 minutes without doing a Google search.
- His productivity is directly related to performance of corporate network, and how fast Google searches. If the network is down, it's better to go for a coffee.
- Search hours on Google for "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and then believes that the whole world is facing the same issue. Who cares what the context of problem is.
- To solve the error
- He then tries each and every solution that Google GOD provides.
- If by fluke he is able to fix or camouflage the issue, he considers himself something special, but in his heart he knows he has no clue what happened. Thanks Google for saving his day and continues his pursuit to become a better GDDer.
- If not, then it's time for the Lead, the next GOD in Line. The Lead should be able to fix this issue, What else are Leads there for :)
- Reading documentation is so very lame ! Documentation is for sissies, real developers do Google.
- Religiously believes that all results returned by Google are correct. Google has employed a huge workforce just to make sure results are correct.
Feel free to comment and tell me more such traits of a GDDer and i would add to my post :)
I may have exaggerated a bit, but what to do, I am seeing such people all too often.